The Covid-19 has left most people in a state of crisis. However, people with medical conditions are at more concerning risk during the pandemic. Similarly, caregivers have to be highly cautious volunteering outside their homes. This is because they can indirectly expose their care recipients to a dangerous virus along with themselves. Luckily, telehealth nursing is here to help during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. It is a crucial service during this time of social distancing. Now, you might be wondering, “What is telehealth nursing?” and how it is beneficial for people with medical conditions and caregivers during the pandemic. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about telehealth nursing. So, stay with us!
The Definition of Telehealth Nursing
Telehealth nursing involves the use of technology and telemedicine to deliver nursing and care remotely. It is a part of telemedicine and is also known as telenursing or nursing telepractice. You can conduct it anywhere where the necessary technology is available, like private homes, doctor’s offices, hospitals, and prisons.
In fact, telehealth nursing enables your vulnerable loved ones to receive nursing services without leaving their homes. With this, you can now observe social distancing and avoid unnecessary exposure to the virus while giving or receiving medical care.
To avail telemedicine and telehealth services, you can contact Octagos Health. We will help increase your clinic efficiency with the best easy-to-manage portal. With our help, you can spend your time giving care to your patients without the burden of managing remote transmissions.
What Technologies are Used for Telehealth Nursing?
Telehealth nursing uses multiple technologies to provide compassionate care. Some of them include:
- Live Video Conferencing, which enables telehealth nurses to connect with patients and caregivers in real-time. This interaction is closer to a face-to-face interaction as compared to telephone conversations.
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) helps telehealth nurses to collect patient data with the help of medical devices, health applications, and wearable technology. With RPM technologies, you can now detect changes in a patient’s health condition and recommend changes to prevent serious health complications.
- Store-and-Forward technologies allow telehealth nurses to use secure servers and capture, store and transmit patient’s health information. Moreover, patients can easily send images of their health symptoms for assessment, or X-rays can be sent between health consultants. Caregivers no longer have to travel to multiple providers for secondary consultations. They can do so with just a few clicks while staying at one place.
Benefits of Telehealth Nursing amid the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Telehealth nursing saves caregivers and patients with unnecessary exposure to a dangerous virus.
- With RPM, telehealth nurses can help provide better management of chronic health conditions like COPD and diabetes.
- Telehealth nursing creates more frequent communications between patients and caregivers in less time.
- It is most beneficial for patients living in areas that have less access to healthcare providers.
- RPM allows telehealth nurses to know when their patients have missed readings. This makes it easy to reach out to patients and help them return on course.
Read our guide to learn more about the benefits of telehealth for nurses.
Octagos Health for Nurses
Do you want to efficiently monitor a patient’s health data without the risk of Covid-19 exposure? If yes, Octagos Health is here to help you with telehealth nursing. We believe simplicity is the key. With our easy-to-use software, nurses can easily share and store data. So, request an Octagos Health demo today!